Whenever we think about the rank or the visibility of a website page, SEO comes to our mind. SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization”. It is the application of ideas or tricks that expand the quantity and quality of traffic to a website through organic search results.
When we talk about SEO, they are two types namely, On-site SEO and Off-site SEO. Both, On-site SEO and Off-site SEO are equally important. On-site SEO includes titles and description and Off-site SEO mainly contains Link Building and Social Signals.
When you want to increase the rank of your page in SERP’s, you need to get quality backlinks to your website from authority sites.
What are Backlinks?
Backlinks are the links in or on a page that points (or you can say link) back to your website or a blog. They are the incoming links to your website.
Why is it important to get a quality backlinks?
Getting quality backlinks is very important for any website because it directly affects the ranking of a page in Search Engine Result page (SERP).
Here is a list of some most important link building techniques that you should read carefully and utilize them to boost your website’s rank:-
- The broken-link building method
- Write valuable content on Web 2.0 sites like WordPress, Xing, Blogspot, Tumblr etc.
- Backlink through the visual representation of the data. Info-graphics are great because they are easy to understand and share.
- Guest post on popular website to increase your online reputation or social media followers.
- Comment on do-follow blogs (related to your niche) and ensure that these blogs are pertinent to your own blogs.
- Form Public Relations. Consider PR moves like press release. Bloggers and journalists generally get stuck and write over the recent information or an incident so that they are likely to be linked to in an article that covers up the subject.
- Keep a check on your competitors and look for their link-building techniques and content-marketing methods to remain up to date with them.
- Build internal links for a successful running blog. With a good linking structure, you can help the visitors to have an overall good experience of your website.
- Promote your article by contacting and giving a quick introduction of your website and providing the best tutorial or guides to the webmasters or bloggers who run a weekly or monthly roundup. If they like your website, they may link back to you in their next roundup.
- Write testimonials for the website you are using. This way you can earn a link from the authoritative website.
- Donating to non-profit Organizations is a quick and straightforward method. Find websites that accepts donation and link back to sites that have donated.
- Get interviewed on the sites that are running interviews. Contact the sites conducting interview, tell them that you want to participate and share the knowledge. And then, you’ll earn a backlink.
- Social Bookmarking also helps in earning a backlink. You can bookmark on sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.
- Make use of discussion boards like Quora where you can start a discussion and link to your blog in the thread.
- Ask questions related to our blog in Answer sites and link your blog in the question. Yahoo Answer is one such high quality site.
- Create link pyramid with other bloggers of your niche and keep it natural. Link exchanging helps a lot.
- E-mail to influential people working in the similar area and encourage them to share it on social media. If they like your work, they will share it and create a backlink.
- Work on the quality of your work and make it so efficacious that it goes viral on social networking sites. This will bring tons of backlinks to your blog or website.
- Review on high ranking websites and product. The might link back to you.
- Start a blogging contest on your website and make it compulsory for all the bloggers to link back to you.
- Submit a blog on authority sites like .edu and .gov forums and blogs.
- Create a Wikipedia profile and include a link of your website in the resource section.
- Contact the theme designer of your website and ask them to use your website as a sample in their portfolio. And to do that, they will have to share the link of your website or the blog.
- Submit your resume to job portals and include the link of your website in your resume.
- Create your own images and add an alt tag to it. People who are looking for those images will land on your blog or website.
- Use numbers in the title of your post. Numbers attract people more.
- List on online shopping sites like Amazon, Snapdeal, Ebay if you are selling a product and add the link to your blog in the bio.
This method is the best as it works perfectly to create one-way backlinks. The technique involves finding the broken links on a website and contacting the webmaster informing him or her about the broken link on their website. Along with the notification, you can provide a similar link from your website that can replace the broken-link and ask the webmaster to update the link.
Link building always remains the most efficacious way of getting ranked higher and drives more traffic. If you execute the above-given techniques, the results can be instant and you can observe the instant improvement in the rank of your website or a blog on search engines. But keep this in mind; keeping the backlink is equally important as building the links.
Like this post? Don’t forget to share the post.